KYSA MISSION STATEMENT
KYSA shall support soccer players, coaches, referees and volunteers by providing appropriate programs and opportunities to help the individual achieve their potential, while employing the principals of ‘Fair Play’.
The goals of KYSA are to create and foster a positive and fun filled environment for players, coaches, officials and parents, to strive for the highest standard of skill and sportsmanship, to develop and train referees for all levels of competition and to provide a program for both the novice an select level players.
HOUSE SOCCER PHILOSOPHY
- All players should have equal playing time
- All players should have the opportunity to play all positions
- All players should be able to develop and maintain self-esteem
- All players should be able to develop playing skills and teamwork
- All players should be provided with a supportive, non-critical environment
Depending on registrations, age groups may be combined to provide enough teams in each division. The Board with the guidance of the Head Coach will strive to keep divisions and teams fair for all players.
- Players must wear shin guards and soccer shoes in all games – NO EXCEPTIONS. Do not put referees in the position of not allowing your child to play because they are not outfitted properly.
- Team jerseys are provided by the generous sponsorships of local businesses. Be sure your child has his/her team jersey at every game.
- Players are NOT allowed to alter their team jersey in any way. This means rolling up the sleeves and tying the shirt in the back.
- Any jersey belonging to KYSA not returned at the end of the season will incur a $50 charge payable by the parent/guardian on the player.
Photo Day will take place in May/June. Divisional Managers will provide parents/guardians will information on team and individual photos. Please ensure your player(s) arrive on time and are dressed in full uniform.
- The Association in conjunction with BC Soccer decides game length. Referees, coaches or parents cannot extend the length of the game.
- Games must start on time.
- Cast can only be worn with prior permission from the Association and must be wrapped.
- Referees do not coach the players on the field.
- Coaches are not allowed on the game field in either the Super 8 or Full Field Divisions.
- Players cannot wear jewelry, watches or large barrettes that may cause injury to them or others on the field.
- Goalies may NOT wear hats.
- One (1) retake on throw-in is the maximum in Mini Divisions.
- Retakes are not allowed in Super 8 and Full Field Divisions.